Department of Civil Engineering
<!- Content Here in tables-!>
Department of Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering Department has been in existence since the establishment of this institute (1985).
It offers Diploma in Civil Engineering in two shifts of 60 students each. Department is fulfilled with all necessary infrastructure and well eq1uipped laboratories. Well qualified, experienced and highly devoted staff is the strength of Department. . Passout Students are preferring higher education and
getting the admission in well-known Govt and private institutes. Some students are also placed through campus placement.
Dr. Anil W. Pawde
HoD Minority Shift
The Civil Engineering programme (Regular Shift) started in 1985
with an intake of 60 students and later increased with intake capacity by starting Minority Shift in 2011 with intake of 60.
I have the honour of directing the Civil Engineering Program, together with Dr D K Parbat ( HoD, Regular shift).
The department is enriched with highly qualified and well experienced faculty ready to take challenges
of mentoring the future Civil Engineers, who are fit to take any challenges in the field.
Department conducts industrial visits & co-curricular activities for overall development of students.
After completing this diploma students have opportunities to work as an Entrepreneur also.
Dr. Dhananjay K. Parbat
HoD Regular Shift
Welcome to Civil Engineering Program at Government Polytechnic, Bramhapuri.
I have the honour of directing the civil Engineering Program, together with Dr A W Pawde ( HoD Minority shift)
and our well qualified faculty and staff. Its my pleasure to inspire the students to achieve
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) framed by MSBTE as per NBA guidelines.
To Develop Competent Diploma Civil Engineers by Imparting Knowledge and Skills.
- M1. To implement effective learning- teaching process.
- M2. To impart knowledge and skills of Civil Engineering as per industrial need.
- M3. To provide learning environment and training to students and staff.
- M4. To develop responsible Civil Engineer by inculcating Social and Ethical values.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- Provide socially responsible, environment friendly solutions to Civil engineering related broad-based problems adapting professional ethics.
- Adapt state-of-the-art Civil engineering broad-based technologies to work in multi-disciplinary work environments.
- Solve broad-based problems individually and as a team member communicating effectively in the world of work.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- PO1:Basic and Discipline Specific Knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic Mathematics, Science, Engineering fundamentals and engineering specialization to solve the engineering problems.
- PO2:Problem Analysis: Identify and analysis well-defined engineering problems using codified standard methods.
- PO3:Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified methods.
- PO4:Engineering Tools, Experimentation And Testing: Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate technique to conduct standard tests and measurements.
- PO5:Engineering Practices for Society, Sustainability And Environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
- PO6:Project Management: Use engineering management principles individually, as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
PO7:Life-Long Learning: Ability to analyse individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- PSO 1. Construction Planning and Designing:
Perform optimal civil engineering construction, planning and designing activities of desired quality at optimal cost.
- PSO 2. Construction Execution and Maintenance:
Execute civil engineering construction and maintenance using relevant materials and equipment.